Nature by Night, Sun Surprise – A Sun Gazing Journey with a Thrilling Difference
8 Oct 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 9 Oct 2021 @ 9:00 pm SAST
Nestled in the Knysna Forest near Karatara is Teniqua Treetops, our hosts for this amazing experience. They offer you luxury self-catering accommodation in your very own treetop chalet. It’s like sleeping in a treehouse!
South Africa is blessed with some of the most breathtaking sunsets in the world. Explore the star that makes these sunsets so special. This two-night experience will certainly be a legendary outing.
On your first evening, while sipping a glass of local wine at sunset, we take a closer look at the biggest star in the sky, sun prominences also referred to in Afrikaans as vuur tong and learn about the phenomena that cause sunspots on the surface. Our sun gazing experience is a truly mesmerizing journey.
On the second night of your stay, a forest exploration of a different kind awaits you. Venture into the woods armed with black lights and your imagination.
This experience is a great family activity so bring the kids for a really enjoyable weekend
R7760/2 couples sharing or a family of 4
- 2 Nights stay in a luxury self-catering treetop chalet at Teniqua Treetops
- A sun gazing journey at sunset
- A glass of local wine to enjoy the sunset on us
- A night-time forest exploration into the Knysna Forest.
- Transport to Teniqua Treetops
- All Meals (all chalets are self-catering. Please note there is no restaurant on-site)
- All Beverages
What to wear:
- CLOSED SHOES. Persons not wearing closed shoes will not be allowed to join the forest exploration.
- Long Trousers
- Warm jacket on cold evenings
Looking for a special gift for that someone special, check out our private adventures.